As Plainfield continues to grow, a need surfaced to provide focus on…
Promoting a healthy and prosperous downtown area, within the context of cultural and historical preservation
We are a group of passionate advocates, dedicated volunteers, influential stakeholders, and community organizers working to turn the tide in our community. 501©(3)
- Create awareness around downtown businesses through monthly and/or quarterly events:
- Help attract more people to visit and shop in the Main Street area
- Build allure to attract businesses to open retail space
- Expand upon resident and business passion for Plainfield through sharing of history
- Piggyback on the library’s historic walking tour, while inviting businesses to participate
- Identify opportunities to make Downtown Plainfield more eye catching, including ideas that make it easy to spot businesses and historic sites
- Research and apply for grants for façade and roof improvement of aforementioned businesses
- Work in a collaborative manner with all interested Plainfield businesses, non–profits, and residents on and off of Main Street, The Plainfield Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Plainfield.
- Utilize and abiding by the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs’ (OCRA) Main Street program framework. This is not a paid membership organization and membership with any other organization is not required.